[pstricks] pst-3Dplot

Patrice Mégret Patrice.Megret at umons.ac.be
Thu Oct 1 14:50:07 CEST 2009

Dear Herbert,

Thanks for your efforts.

The way you try to implement the spherical coordinate system used by "electrical people" has two drawbacks:

1. The angle theta is now measured from the z-axis but also important is that the order of the coordinates should be (r,theta,phi) and not (r,phi',theta') as used in the original pst-3dplot. So here, with coorType=5, we have to keep the order (r,phi,theta).

2.In the previous pst-3dplot, coorType 0,1,2 and 3 are the way the axes x-y-z are projected into the plane. This means that it was possible to use the SphericalCoor with any one of these projection systems.   ==> the coordinate of the points are represented in Cartesian, cylindrical or spherical systems independently of the projection system represented by coorType.

So I believe that the modification should be done at the level of spherical to x,y,z (so 3D -> 3D) and then use the classical code you developed to go from 3D to any 2D systems. Maybe by introducing a key SphericalCoor2 but without changing the coorType?

Best regards,

Patrice