[pstricks] pst-3Dplot

Patrice Mégret Patrice.Megret at umons.ac.be
Wed Sep 2 10:53:24 CEST 2009

Dear Herbert,

In the attached files you will find the transformation from the proposed spherical coordinates to (x,y,z). Then from (x,y,z) to (x2d,y2d) it is your subroutines depending on CoorType key.

In fact the spherical coordinate system used in electromagnetism (r,theta_2,phi_2) is nearly the same as the one you used (r,phi_1,theta_1) except that (1) latitude is measured from the z-axis and from not the xy plane, and (2) the order is r, theta_2, phi_2 and not r, phi_1, theta_1.

This change also implies theta_2=pi/2 -theta_1.

Best regards,

Patrice