[pstricks] Combining PSTricks and Metapost

Sat Aug 29 12:45:08 CEST 2009

David Arnold schrieb:

> We have developed a testing system that serves up quizzes to our
> students on-the-fly. Our database contains both Metapost code and
> PSTricks code in some instances, so we are currently compiling with the
> attached script: OTlatex.pl.
>
> I've also provided a sample file, fonttest.tex. You can run the script
> by first making it executable with chmod +x OTlatex.pl and executing:

with latest texlive2009 TeX uses by default the Latin Modern fonts

voss at shania:~/tmp> pdffonts fonttest.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
UZOZVS+LMRoman12-Bold                Type 1            yes yes no       6  0
JEHIDO+LMRoman12-Regular             Type 1            yes yes no       7  0
JEHIDO+LMRoman12-Regular             Type 1            yes yes no       8  0
TBEVRU+LMMathSymbols10-Regular       Type 1            yes yes no       9  0
WFWVWL+LMMathItalic12-Regular        Type 1            yes yes no      10  0
TBEVRU+LMMathSymbols10-Regular       Type 1            yes yes no      16  0
HPHXQC+LMRoman10-Regular             Type 1            yes yes no      19  0

However, you should use

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}

in your document. Then the lm fonts should be used by default.