[pstricks] opacity

Jon Joseph josco.jon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:42:52 CEST 2009

I'm looking at pst-3dplot doc's and I see these beautiful pictures
with transparent colors that the docs say is "built-in" to pstricks
now (I have the most recent version of  TexShop according to the
TexShop updater). Using the code from the examples on page 11 of
pst-3dplot-doc.pdf dated April 16, 2008 the pictures do not turn out
the same. Is this the fault of my viewer or Ghostscript distiller?  Is
there any way I can generate these same fantastic pictures?

p.s. I have successfully used the "old way" but I like the new way
much better. Jon