[pstricks] concatenate \psplotDiffEqn, continue integration of ODEs

Thu Jun 4 18:23:21 CEST 2009

Alexander Grahn schrieb:

> Thanks for your replay. Nevertheless, it puzzles me. Do you mean I have to say
>
> \psset[pstricks-add]{saveData=false,filename=PSTdata}
>
> somewhere before \pstDiffEqn? And what else do I have to do?

yes, but this is only a solution when you want to start
the document a second time.

> Let's take the 'spiral of cornu' example from the pstricks-add manual
> and break the original integration interval t=[0,1] into two sub-intervals
> t=[0,0.5], t=[0.5,1] and call \pstDiffEqn twice:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pstricks-add}
> \psset[pstricks-add]{saveData=false,filename=PSTdata}

now the values are also saved step by step in the
file PSTdata. But they cannot be read back to TeX in the
same run. The file is written by running ghostscript,
but then pdfTeX has already finished its work.

> Could you please show me how to do this using a data file?

could be done only with a script which runs your
TeX document, then runs ghostscript, grepping the
file for the last entry and restartr the TeX document
with these new values.

However, if Dominique can provide a TeX solution, it
makes more sense.