[pstricks] Drawing S- and Z-Curves

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 22 01:38:20 CEST 2009

Rich,

For the bell shaped curve with value 1 at x=m, variance v, plotted
from x=a to x=b, you could use

\psplot[algebraic]{a}{b}{Ex(-(x-m)^2/v)}

where, of course, specific numbers should be substituted for m, v, a, b.

A similar expression can be constructed for the particular logistic
curve (S-curve) you need, possibly expressed most simply using \tanh,
written th in algebraic formulas. Eg

\psplot[algebraic]{a}{b}{(1+th(x/2))/2}

Michael