[pstricks] Drawing S- and Z-Curves

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 21 23:44:04 CEST 2009

   I need to draw S- and Z-curves between specific points on the X-axis (as
well as normal curves). I assume that \psbezier is the appropriate package
to use for this, but I've not before had any experience with it. If I want
the curve to start and end at specific x-values, with y=0.5 (on the range
0.0-1.0) at a specific x-value, can I do so?

   There is an example of Bezier curves in Herbert's Chapter 5 of TLGC2 (in
the section on curves). Is there a more complete description of this
package?

   What I would like to do is re-draw the Xfig graphics I used in my book
using PSTricks. One example (term-set.eps) is attached. A pointer on what to
read to learn how to do figures of this sort with PSTricks will be much
appreciated.

TIA,

Rich