[pstricks] Axes Tics and Numbering

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 19 01:34:39 CEST 2009

On Apr 18, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  It's been a long time since I used PSTricks so I've forgotten almost
> everything and have to relearn. From the example page on the Web
> site I
> downloaded the axes0.tex example and used that as a template to
> create some
> figures I need for a workshop presentation.
>
>  The .tex file as modified so far is attached.
>
>  I cannot see where the tic mark spacing and numbering is set in the
> code.
> There is no Dx= or Dy= present.
>
>  Will someone please point out where the tics are specified so I can
> change
> the spacing and numbering to meet my needs?

You've chosen a rather tricky example to work from, using logarithmic
scales and using few features of the most basic axes commands. Ticks
are controlled by Dx, Dy, dx, dy and the axes crossing point. If Dx is
omitted, it defaults to 1. If dx is omitted, it defaults to Dx*xunit.
Ticks on x axis are placed dx apart, starting at the axes crossing
point. A label is placed at each, with value Ox (default 0) and
incrementing by Dx. If 'texdoc pstricks' doesn't work for you, try
some of the examples from

www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/base/doc/pstricks-doc.pdf

Michael