[pstricks] Decimal long division

Jean-Côme Charpentier jean-come.charpentier at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 4 01:32:14 CEST 2009

Herbert Voss a écrit :
> David Arnold schrieb:

  To me and to the list. I answer using the list.

>> Has anyone done any decimal long division (American Style) using
>> pstricks or other macros?
>
> I do not really know what an American Style is, but look at
> package xlop: texdoc xlop

  xlop don't display "american" long division... xlop v0.3 will do it
but I'm late in coding (too many occupations). I hope xlop v0.3 for july
but it's just a hope :-)
  The only one package I know about long division is the well named
longdiv (longdiv.tex so \input longiv rather than \usepackage{longdiv}).
But this package deal only with integers.

  I have some american (and english and indian and canadian and irish)
contacts. It seems that long division have several variations (about
rules, decimal dot, etc.)

  Here it is an example of long division:

\documentclass{minimal}
\input longdiv