[pstricks] pscustom in 3D

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 4 03:17:09 CET 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Zbigniew Nitecki wrote:

> Is there a way to use \pscustom (or some such macro) to create
> objects in 3D?  I have in mind creating a "wall" above a given curve
> in the xy-plane---that is, something like a square in 3D, but "bent"
> according to a specified rule.  The point is to be able to use
> fillstyle=solid and fillcolor to fill in this object.

Do you mean something that has the effect of (curve is x=t^2,y=t,0\le t
\le 1)

\psset{unit=1in,Alpha=-20}
\begin{pspicture}(-2,-1)(2,1)
\pstThreeDCoor
\multido{\na=0+.1,\nb=.1+.1}{10}
{\pstThreeDSquare[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=yellow,linecolor=yellow]
(\na\space dup mul,\na,0)(\nb\space dup mul \na\space dup mul sub,.1,0)
(0,0,1)}