[pstricks] some questions on pst-solide3d

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Jan 9 18:40:46 CET 2009

Thanks again, and sorry, one more question (I guess the short term was
shorter than expected :-):  can one use \multido within
\pstsolides3d?  I want to put some vectors along the centerline that I
drew on the Moebius band, perpendicular to the band.   So I need for
multiple values of \rv to place a vector with arguments (-sin \rv\cos
2\rv, -sin \rv\sin 2\rv, cos\rv) at location
(2 cos 2\rv, 2 sin 2\rv,0).  The addition to my previous code of
		\multido{\rv=0+20}{18}{%
			\psProjection[object=vecteur,
				linecolor=red,
				args= \rv\space Sin \rv\space 2 mul Cos neg %
					 \rv\space Sin \rv\space 2 mul Sin neg %
					 \rv Cos%
			](\rv 2 mul Cos 2 mul, \rv 2 mul Sin 2 mul, 0)
		}
(also with \space after the \rv in the location, or with ! inside the
parentheses) crashes.
Am I still doing something stupid with \space or !, or does \multido
not apply here (and if so, is there something that does?), or does
\psProjection only work with vecteurs that have two arguments?  or...?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Office    (617)627-3843
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

On Jan 9, 2009, at 11:45, Juergen Gilg wrote:

> Dear Zbigniew,
>
>> 1. Is it possible to generate a dashed line?
> I tested: linestyle=dashed which doesn't work within that macro. So
> i think you need to be tricky to get dashed lines. I do not remember
> if that is possible. Maybe Jean-Paul knows the solution. I think
> with direct codejps it is possible, however i am not sure.
>> 2. Does the order of settings inside the [ ] matter?
> These are normal _keyword_ - _keyvalue_ pairs -- the order
> shouldn't  matter.
>
> Regards,
>
> Juergen
>>
>> Zbigniew Nitecki
>> Department of Mathematics
>> Tufts University
>> Medford, MA 02155
>>
>> telephones:
>> Office    (617)627-3843
>> Dept.    (617)627-3234
>> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
>> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/
>>
>> On Jan 9, 2009, at 11:05, Juergen Gilg wrote:
>>
>>> \psSolid[object=courbe,
>>> range= 0 pi,
>>> linewidth=0.75\pslinewidth,
>>> linecolor=blue,