[pstricks] Aesthetics with arrows

Juergen Gilg gilg at acrotex.net
Thu Dec 11 01:04:49 CET 2008

Dear list,

just to answer my question myself by some private help of Herbert:

> When using
>
> \pcline{|->}(O)(B)
> the bar is as well scaled, which for sure makes sense. Is it
> nevertheless possible to suppress the scaling of the bar(s) -- I would
> like to have ONLY  the arrowhead definitions globally for a large
> document. Your solution is fantastic for the given example -- however
> i have a large amount of some other graphics with bars and vectors and
> there it doesn't look too good with that thick bars.

Here the perfect result to suppress the thickness of the bar that was
added; _pstricks-add_ offers a WON-DER-FUL command named: \resetOptions,
that sets all values to the default values and that now allows to
overwrite some globally set pstricks settings easily locally within the
\pspicture environment -- very cool!!!

Herbert, keep as well on trucking on the experimental pstricks-add and
maybe you will move the \resetOptions to the basic pstricks package --
really useful for locally or globally resetting the values to the
default. Indeed this trick solved all my problems to setting values
globally vs. locally.

Yoodle!!!!

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage{esvect}
\parindent=0pt
\begin{document}
\psset{arrowscale=4,arrowlength=3,arrowsize=0 1.5,arrowinset=0,
tbarsize=0.25pt 2}
\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-0.5)(6,3)
\cnode(0,0){0cm}{O}\cnode(4,0){0cm}{A}
\cnode(6,2){0cm}{B}\cnode(2,2){0cm}{C}
\pcline{->}(O)(A)\nbput{$\vv{b}$}
\pcline{->}(O)(C)\naput{$\vv{a}$}
\pcline{->}(A)(B)\nbput{$\vv{a}$}
\pcline{->}(C)(B)\naput{$\vv{b}$}
% Here the trick
\pcline{->}(O)(B)
\resetOptions
\pcline{|-}(O)(B)
% End of the trick
\nbput[nrot=:U]{$\vv{b}+\vv{a}$}
\naput[nrot=:U]{$\vv{a}+\vv{b}$}

Thanks a lot for your steady work and maintainance of the powerful
PSTricks bundle.

Regards,

Juergen

--