[pstricks] Aesthetics with arrows

Tue Dec 9 16:12:09 CET 2008

Juergen Gilg schrieb:

> Now as you see, three arrows end in the node B. That doesn't look too
> amazing, although it is correct. I need to blow up the arrowsize, due
> the document will be scaled down for print. When not blowing up the
> arrowsize, the result looks better, but the arrows are almost not seen
> in the scaled down document.
>
> Now how to make that look more aesthetic? Are there any conventions how
> to handle such a case? For sure i could give a little nodesep to the
> arrow lines, however then they do not really end in the node B...

not really easy ...
However, you should use in this case \pcline instead of \ncline

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage{esvect}
\parindent=0pt
\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-0.5,-0.5)(6,3)%\psgrid
\psset{arrowscale=4,arrowlength=3,arrowsize=0 1.5,arrowinset=0,
  linewidth=0.5pt}
\cnode(0,0){0cm}{O}\cnode(4,0){0cm}{A}
\cnode(6,2){0cm}{B}\cnode(2,2){0cm}{C}
\pcline{->}(O)(B)