[pstricks] \usepackage[usenames]{pstcol}

Juergen Gilg gilg at acrotex.net
Fri Dec 5 08:54:37 CET 2008

David,

as the warning tells: _pstcol is obsolete_.

Try this instead

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipsnames]{pstricks}
%\usepackage[usenames]{pstcol}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(3,3)
\psframe[linestyle=none, fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Apricot](0,0)(2,2)
\pspolygon[linestyle=none,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Tan](0,2)(2,2)
(3,3)(1,3)
\pspolygon[linestyle=none,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Mahogany]
(2,0)(3,1)(3,3)(2,2)

Regards,

Juergen

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> Looking at:  http://sarovar.org/download.php/69/chap2.pdf
>
> Section 2.2 has this example:
>
> \usepackage[usenames]{pstcol}
>
> \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(3,3)
> \psframe[linestyle=none, fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Apricot](0,0)(2,2)
> \pspolygon[linestyle=none,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Tan](0,2)(2,2)
> (3,3)(1,3)
> \pspolygon[linestyle=none,fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Mahogany]
> (2,0)(3,1)(3,3)(2,2)
> \end{pspicture}
>
> But it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Package pstcol Warning: ************************************
> (pstcol)                The package `pstcol' is obsolet!
> (pstcol)                You should use `pstricks' directly:
> (pstcol)                    \usepackage{pstricks}
> (pstcol)                ************************************.
>
> ) (./one.aux)
>
> ! Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `Apricot'.
>
> How do I make this example work so I have those dvips color names? Of
> course, I can \definecolor the names I need, but is there a way to
> get all 64 colors with a single stroke?
>
> D.

 Jürgen Gilg
 Austr. 59