[pstricks] "liftpen" in pscustom

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:53:24 CEST 2008

I am trying to craw (in 3D) an annulus colored in.  Here is my code:
	\begin{pspicture}(-2,-2)(2,2.5)
		\pscustom[fillstyle=solid, fillcolor=lightgray]{
			\parametricplotThreeD[liftpen=1](0,360){%
				t sin 2.24 mul t cos 2.24 mul 0%
			}
			\parametricplotThreeD[linecolor=gray,liftpen=1](360,0){%
				t sin  t cos 0%
			}
		}

which yields the picture in the attached pdf:

My problem is the line joining the inner and outer circles, which I
don't want.  I am confused about (1) which value for liftpen would
accomplish this and (2) whether it should go inside the
two parametricplot commands or in the outer pscustom command (in the
example above, it is inside the parametricplots, but putting it in the
settings for pscustom or even all three places seems to have no
effect) (I've also tried liftpen=2 in these places, without luck).

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155