[pstricks] what can PSTricks do that PGF/TikZ can't? (and vice versa)

Dan Drake drake at mathsci.kaist.ac.kr
Thu Jul 17 10:12:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm giving a presentation in August about graphics tools for LaTeX.
Naturally I need to mention PSTricks and TikZ. In several places [1],
the TikZ manual mentions that since PSTricks is based on Postscript, it
will always have capabilities that TikZ won't.

I'm interested in some examples of things that are easy in PSTricks that
are impossible or very difficult in PGF/TikZ -- and vice versa. I'm not
trying to decide which system is "better", I just want to know some of
the differences between them, as well as the limitations and strengths
of each.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Dan

[1]: Particularly section 1.2 (page 17 of the current manual).

--
---  Dan Drake <drake at mathsci.kaist.ac.kr>
-----  KAIST Department of Mathematical Sciences