[pstricks] conceptual question for pst-optexp

Christoph Bersch usenet at bersch.net
Tue Jun 17 16:57:43 CEST 2008

Herbert Voss schrieb:
> Christoph Bersch schrieb:
>> would then create two nodes e.g. 'PPInput' and 'PPOutput' which can be
>> accessed by the user lateron.
>>
>> Do you think this is a good way to implement it or are there better ways?
>
> that is ok!

Referring to this and to simplify the access to these nodes I want to
define a macro that connects two components:

\optBeam{compname1}{compname2}

This is no problem, but I was thinking that it would be nice to allow
using a node or coordinate pair instead of one compname:

\optBeam{(0,1)}{compname2}
or
\optBeam{compname1}{(4,4)}

would then connect a node with a component. How can I implement such a
macro. My TeX knowledge is still somewhat limited, so I need some help
on how to do this best :-)

Thank you,
Christoph