[pstricks] cubic b-spline package?

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 4 20:24:34 CEST 2008

Carsten and Herbert,

Thanks for these useful pointers, which are relevant to my question. I
was looking for something a bit different, which I'll spell out a
little more in the uniform case with relaxed endpoints. You are given
B_0, ..., B_n, each B-spline control point B_i a coordinate pair. Let
S_1=(B_0+4*B_1+B_2)/6, and so on up to S_{n-1}. The first part of the
cubic B-spline curve determined by the B_i is the cubic Bezier curve
with control points B_0, (2*B_0+B_1)/3, (B_0+2*B_1)/3, S_1, the second
is the cubic Bezier curve with control points S_1, (2*B_1+B_2)/3,
(B_1+2*B_2)/3, S_2, and so on. (The B-spline curve interpolates B_0,
S_1,...S_{n-1}, B_n, not B_0,...,B_n.)

Michael