[pstricks] Error using pst-light3d.tex

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri May 9 18:55:58 CEST 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 09:05:54 am Herbert Voss wrote:
> John Culleton schrieb:
> >> $ tex cull.tex
> >> This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>
> John,
> what TeX version do you have running?
>
> Herbert

> D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
>              http://www.doteasy.com

I have tried texlive-2007, a new install of texlive-2007
in /usr/share, and Slackware's version of tetex (but that lacks many
files.)

I have grepped such files as pstricks.tex
keyval.tex
pst-light3d.tex
xkeyval.tex
looking for the string addfam as found in the command
\pst at addfams
but I cannot find where it is defined.  If I could identify where that
command is defined (if it is indeed a command)  then perhaps I could
update that file.  I tried commenting out that line but then xkeyval
complains:
! xkeyval error: `LightThreeDXLength' undefined in families `'.

One thing I have not tried: installing miktex on my new Win xp
partition.  If all else fails I will try that.  Or maybe debian.

BTW if I eliminate everything except the two input statements at the
top I still get the error message.  The call to \pst at addfams occurs
in the pst-light3d.tex file and nowhere else that I can find.

Also I haven't tried LaTeX yet, out of an aversion for that format.
But any port in a storm I guess.
--
John Culleton