[pstricks] [tex-announce] May 2008 TUG news: conferences, journals, summer of code, software
tug-news at tug.org
tug-news at tug.org
Fri May 9 01:16:05 CEST 2008
Dear TeX users,
- TUG 2008 (http://tug.org/tug2008) will return to Cork, Ireland, again
hosted by Peter Flynn, July 21-24, 2008. We've extended the deadline
for submission of abstracts to May 31, 2008; a few slots are still
available. The accepted submissions are listed at
http://www.ucc.ie/en/tug2008/prog. Please join us!
- Other upcoming meetings include:
The second ConTeXt user meeting, in Bohinj, Slovenia,
August 20-25, 2008: http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2008.
And a look towards next year:
- TUG 2009 will be held at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend,
Indiana, USA, from July 27-31, 2009.
- EuroTeX 2009 will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands, from
August 31 through September 4, 2009.
- Issue 2008-1 of the PracTeX Journal has been published; it is
available at http://tug.org/pracjourn. The theme of this issue is
- The second (regular) issue of TUGboat for 2008 is nearly complete and
should make its way to the printer within a couple more weeks.
- We are happy to pass on the news that UK-TUG (http://uk.tug.org) has
given generous support to the TeX Gyre (fonts) and TeXWorks (front
end) projects, which TUG has also been sponsoring. (TUG's overall
development roadmap document is available via
http://tug.org/tc/devfund/grants.html.) Thanks to UK-TUG!
- TUG was selected as one of the organizations to participate in
Google's Summer of Code 2008, and three projects were funded:
Christoph Hafmeister with MathTran, Arthur Reutenauer with improving
Unicode support in TeX extensions, and Mojca Miklavec on enhancing the
TeXShow documentation system. http://tug.org/gsoc/ has more info.
- Finally, work on TeX Live 2008 continues apace; the developers
still hope that it will be released in time for the TUG'08 conference.
Karl Berry (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
tex-announce mailing list
postmaster at tug.org
More information about the PSTricks