[pstricks] color in graphic inclusions

Tue Apr 29 08:07:32 CEST 2008

>> Michael Sharpe schrieb:
>>> This might not be a real PSTricks issue, but it seems to be at the
>>> heart of the problem. I have two small black pdf images. image1.pdf is
>>> an image with just text, generated using dvips -E and eps2pdf.
>>> image2.pdf was generated the same way, but has both text and a
>>> PSTricks element. Both have no explicit color settings---just the
>>> default black. When I include the first image inside a red box using
>>>
>>> %using pdflatex here with graphicx and xcolor
>>> {\color{red}
>>> \fboxsep=0pt
>>> \fbox{%
>>> \includegraphics{image1}%
>>> }}
>>>
>>> I get what I expected--a red frame around black text. However, the
>>> same TeX fragment with image2 gives me a red frame, and the image
>>> (both text and PSTricks parts) have changed color to red. If I insert
>>> \color{black} before \includegraphics, I get a black image again.
>>>
>>> If I include the .eps files rather than the .pdf files, using latex
>>> rather than pdflatex, there is no such issue. (Using TeXLive 2007 and
>>> latest pstricks.)

Michael,
I see the problem, but I cannot reproduce such images.
When I create one with

\pspicture(10,10)
\rput[l](0,5){some text}\pscircle(6,5){4}
\endpspicture

convert it to pdf, then it is always in black in a new
document.

I need all your files (tex,dvi,ps) and the file list of
your test documents.