[pstricks] Creating figures containing LaTeX equations using a PC

Juergen Gilg gilg at acrotex.net
Fri Mar 14 22:32:29 CET 2008

Hi Emmanuel,

oh yes, PSTricks is absolutely fitting almost all needs to run proper
graphics in LaTeX:

See the link:

ftp://ftp.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib

There you will find multiple packages with documentations and
installations hints for your TeX system. I am also a Windows user with
MiKTeX and all runs wonderfully. There are plenty of example files for
PSTricks beginners under:

http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=examples

There is as well a perfect maintained list for PSTricks questions you
already discovered.

Try it out.

Regards,

Juergen

Emmanuel Racine wrote:
> Hi, I am a Windows user trying (in vain) to find a suitable program
> that would allow me to draw figures (to further include in LaTeX)
> containing LaTeX equations that are in the same form as regular
> equations in a LaTeX document. Some people answered me by suggesting
> to use PSTricks. After searching for it and finding your website, I
> don't find any clear link/procedure for download, neither a
> description/introduction of what PSTricks really is.
>
> Could you tell me if PSTricks is the program I really need, or else
> what program should I use for my needs?
>
> Thank's alot,
> Emmanuel

 Jürgen Gilg