[pstricks] Installing the latest version of PSTricks.

Herbert Voss LaTeX at ZEDAT.FU-Berlin.DE
Sat Mar 8 18:10:17 CET 2008

Craig Sanders schrieb:

> I am rather new to the world of TeX and have just installed TeXLive 2007
> on my system (Fedore Core 2) with the intention of using the Vaucanson
> package to draw diagrams of Finite Automata. From what I can gather, the
> Vaucanson package in turn makes use of the PSTricks package. When I tried
> to run latex from TeXLive on a simple Vaucanson example file, it
> complained about something to do with key value pairs. I then read on the
> PSTricks web-site at ;
>
>   http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi/

I suppose you are working on a Linux system.
with TeXLive 2007 you get an old but still working
installation with all pstricks files.

vaucanson is not on TeXLive, you have to download it from
http://igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lombardy/Vaucanson-G/
Put the files into the new directory
.../texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/vaucanson/

then run texhash to update the TeX database.
Now all should work well. If not then show your
example file with the error message and the file list.
You can get it from the logfile when writing \listfiles
as first line into your document.