[pstricks] Creating ER Diagrams

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 22 23:48:51 CET 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Michael Hallgren wrote:

> PSTricks is, IMHO, good for most anything; meta(post|font) for real
> fine-tuning. A more recent way, that I suggest you take a look at, is the
> TikZ (PGF) solution. (The 3 of them available via CTAN.)

Michael,

   I regularly use Xfig for visually creating vector diagrams, even in Beamer
presentations. Rather than learning TikZ, I'd rather become proficient with
PSTricks.

   Here are a couple of questions that you or others might be able to answer
for me:

   1) I realize that the pst-dbicons package does not calculate optimal
placement of icons. Is there any package that does?

   2) Is there a standard (or, at least, generaly accepted way) to split an
ER diagram across multiple pages when dealing with a real-life, large
database having multiple tables, each with multiple attributes?

Rich