[pstricks] pst-grad: several gradients (omni spotlights) / gradient into transparent

Jonny Smith joesm77 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:18:58 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm wondering if one can put on several single omni spotlights as in

http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/gradient

into one gradient pic?

That is, I'm thninking of photoshop where they have these omni spotlights,
see

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/help.html?content=WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7953.html

and other fancy things.

I had an idea how to get this done. I thought one could overlap a few shapes
flowing from transparent into say white

\psset{linestyle=none,fillstyle=gradient,gradmidpoint=0,gradend=white}

\psset{gradbegin=transparent} % ??

but I'm not sure if this is going to work.

Or is there a way to tell pst-grad to do a bunch of gradients points at
once?

\pscircle[GradientPos={(2,1),(3,0.5),(1,2.5)}]{2} % ??

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks,

Joe