[pstricks] Transparency effects

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 7 17:06:28 CET 2007

Diego Miyake wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I was wondering if it is currently possible to draw using transparency
> effects with pstricks, so I googled it and found this document:
> http://perce.de/LaTeX/pstricks/pst-news2007.pdf
> <http://perce.de/LaTeX/pstricks/pst-news2007.pdf>

Note that this document has beta status and refers to a version of
PSTricks that is still in beta. The transparency features require
version 1.16b of PSTricks, while the current version on CTAN is 1.15. I
believe Herbert has said he expects to officially release version 1.16
by the end of the year.

In the meantime, you have two options. One is to install the beta
version, which you can do using the pstricks.tex and pstricks.pro files
from the same directory where you found pst-news2007.pdf. The other
option is to use the transparency features in the pstricks-add package.
I have done the latter with great success.

Alan