[pstricks] Antw: Re: recursion

Robert Salvador salvador at htlinn.ac.at
Sun Oct 28 08:36:50 CET 2007

Thank you very much, Alan!

I am doing what you thaught I am doing. And this \edef is exactly what I
need. All is working now   :-))
By the way: where can I find information about these TeX (??) - commands
like \def, \edef, \gdef, ... and all the others that one can use in
LaTeX together with pstricks?

Robert

Robert Salvador wrote:
> Good evening everybody!
>
> I want to do a recursive calculation in a LaTeX-document with
following
> PSTricks drawing. So I have defined a variable
> \def\x{0.0 }
> Now I want to assign a new value to this variable (within a \whildo
> loop). This new value is calculated from the old one like
(simplyfied):
> \def\x{\x 1 add }
> But this doesn't work (TeX capacity exceeded!)

If you're doing what I *think* you're doing then you might try using
\edef\x{\x 1 add}, but depending on what you're actually trying to do I
can think of many different things that could be going wrong. If \edef
doesn't solve your problem, please post a complete minimal example that
demonstrates it.

Alan