[pstricks] Transparency not working here.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Oct 28 01:13:13 CEST 2007

I have been away from pstricks for a while. I tried to get the transparency to
work but obviously I am doing something wrong, or else don't have all the
components. First I downloaded the new pstricks.tex 1.16b as cited in HVs
recent posts. Then I tried my test file (below) it in both tex and pdftex.
Here is my code, cribbed from HV of course:

\pdfoutput 0
\input pstricks.tex
\vskip 3in
%\begin{pspicture}(5,5)
 \psset{fillstyle=solid}
 \psframe[fillcolor=red](0,1)(3,4)
 \psframe[fillcolor=blue,opacity=0.7](2,2)(5,5)
 \psframe[fillcolor=green,opacity=0.7](1,0)(4,3)
 \pscircle[fillcolor=cyan,
 opacity=0.5](1.5,3.5){1.25}
% \end{pspicture}
\vfil
\bye

The cyan circle is slightly transparent but has strange bands across it.  The
other colors show no transparency at all.  This is when viewed in xpdf and
kpdf.

In acrobat Reader 8 there is no transparency at all.

I used dvips and then ps2pdf to get to a pdf file. My dvips is
version 5.96.
Do I need something else?
--
John Culleton