[pstricks] recursion

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:06:12 CEST 2007

Robert Salvador wrote:
> Good evening everybody!
>
> I want to do a recursive calculation in a LaTeX-document with following
> PSTricks drawing. So I have defined a variable
> \def\x{0.0 }
> Now I want to assign a new value to this variable (within a \whildo
> loop). This new value is calculated from the old one like (simplyfied):
> \def\x{\x 1 add }
> But this doesn't work (TeX capacity exceeded!)

If you're doing what I *think* you're doing then you might try using
\edef\x{\x 1 add}, but depending on what you're actually trying to do I
can think of many different things that could be going wrong. If \edef
doesn't solve your problem, please post a complete minimal example that
demonstrates it.

Alan