[pstricks] pst-pdf and whitespace

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 25 18:34:11 CEST 2007

Alan Ristow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use pst-pdf to create subfigures and I'm finding that with
> pspicture it does not respect the shift parameter or changes to the
> origin. As a result, I am unable to get the vertical alignment that I
> want between adjacent subfigures. I think I understand *why* this is
> happening, but I'm having trouble finding a workaround.

I think I have come up with a workaround by defining an environment to
wrap \subfloat, then using \PreviewEnvironment to process the whole
subfloat, including the subcaption, as part of the graphic. I'm still
having some issues with the way the subcaptions are set, but they're
unrelated to PSTricks so I'll take them to comp.text.tex. If anyone has
a simpler workaround I'd still be interested in hearing about it, though
-- I'm not yet 100% convinced this one will work the way I want.

Thanks,

Alan