[pstricks] bad point-meeting-behaviour

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 13 18:39:42 CEST 2007

Doris Wagner wrote:
> hi list,
>
> is there some possibility to let the lines meeting at E not cross the
> point E to the left? (I really need to have such thick lines)

You have to change the value of setlinejoin, which is a Postscript
parameter. Try the following; IIRC, valid values of setlinejoin are 0,
1, and 2, so if this isn't quite what you want you can try the other values.

Alan

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}\usepackage{pstricks-add}

\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(-5,-1)(7,8)

\psgrid[subgriddiv=2,gridlabels=0pt]
\psaxes[arrowscale=2,linewidth=2pt]{->}(0,0)(-5,-1)(6.5,7)
\pstVerb{ 2 setlinejoin }
\pspolygon[showpoints=true,linecolor=blue,linewidth=2pt]
(-1,3)(2,0)(4,0)(1,3)(-3.5,4.5)
\uput{0.3}[u]{0}(-3.5,4.5){$E$}