[pstricks] second update for psPoisson

halbard7 at aol.com halbard7 at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 13:49:30 CEST 2007

 Dear Herbert,

Thanks for your speedy reply and update. This is the sort of thing I had in mind for the changes you've made.

Normal approximation to Poisson with lambda=30

?\psset{xunit=0.35cm,yunit=40cm}

?\begin{pspicture}(14.5,0)(45.5,.08)

?\SpecialCoor

?\psline(14.5,.08)(14.5,0)(45.5,0)

?\multido{\n=16+2}{15}{

?\psline(\n,0)(\n,-0.003)

?\uput[d](\n,0){\tiny $\n$}

?}

?\multido{\n=0+.05}{2}{

?\rput(14.5,\n){\psline(0,0)(-.2,0)}

?\uput[l](14.5,\n){\tiny $\n$}

?}

?\psPoisson[markZeros]{16,44}{30}

?\psGauss[mue=30,sigma=30 sqrt]{15}{45}

?\end{pspicture}

For maths teachers it works well. Forgive
the non-standard ticks, I find them easier sometimes. Any ?s in the
output are possibly an artefact of AOL's web-email system, not sure
though.

Incidentally, it is necessary
now-and-then to have on-demand axes ticks. It would be convenient if it
were possible to have, say,

?\psaxes[xticks=1 2 4 8 16,yticks=0.5 1 2](...

Non-standard ticks are useful, but when done by hand they often grate. I happily admit it's not that important.

Yours

Gerry Coombes
Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.