[pstricks] Re : Lines (curves) with gradient color...

Werner Grundlingh wgrundlingh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:00:07 CEST 2007

Herbert,

On 7/10/07, Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> in Manuels examples you have 1000 different colors for one line
> and it is no problem to choose 5000 or more.

I understand that the colour is not the problem.

> > Would this be a property that may be added in future
> > releases/revisions to pst-slpe or pst-grad? The ideal, of course,
> > would be to specify the options for a line (or parametric curve) using
> > a similar notation as suggested by pst-slpe
> >   fillstyle=slopes,slopecolors=0 1 1 1  1 0 0 0  2 1 1 1  3
> > for example.
> >
> I cannot see the advantage in difference to Manuels code.  It is only
> another color model with specific intermediate colors.

Manuel's code is fixed to HSB where only the 'hue' component is varied
(while 'saturation' = 1 and 'black' = 1). I have no idea how to change
the code so that it takes the same argument type as the pst-slpe
colour models with 'specific intermediate colours'.

My problem lies more with the outcome around curves in a function.
I've added 2 images showing how functions drawn with
\parametericplotHSB are not as smooth around the function curves. Both
images have a \parametricplotHSB plot as well as a (regular)
\parametricplot in it, to show the difference in smoothness. Is it
possible to eliminate this, and therefore not have the coloured line
segments 'stroked' together, but rather 'curved' together, if you
understand what I mean?

> However, it should be no big deal to modify the code, if you
> really need it.

In all honesty, I don't 'need the code' now. I that this would just be
a natural extension to pst-slpe for lines/plots.

Werner