[pstricks] PDF output

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:52:33 CEST 2007

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Hi all,
> attached is a little script which converts your PSTricks
> images to single eps and pdf images and then run pdflatex
> to create a pdf file of the document. Attached is a test suite,
> which works well. It was not tested with big documents and
> nested pspicture environments.

Interesting. I gave it a try under Windows XP with MiKTeX 2.6 and had
some problems, though. It extracts the graphics and creates .pdf files
without trouble, but after it does this the .eps files are no longer
present as they are in your directory listing. Then when pdfLaTeX tries
to compile the final document it gives me the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \test
                  -tmp-0
l.13 \includegraphics{./.\test-tmp-0}

I don't have time at the moment to take a closer look, but I might give
it a try later in the day.

Incidentally, Herbert, what do you see as the advantage of this over
pst-pdf? I have only recently begun experimenting with pst-pdf and the
most obvious advantage to me is that PSTricks commands don't have to be
surrounded with \begin{postscript}..\end{postscript}. It also creates
individual graphics files rather than a single multi-page document, but
that's a rather minor point (for me, anyway). Are there other things
that I'm missing?

Alan