[pstricks] a problem with \psplotDiffEqn

Andrzej J. Maciejewski andrzej.j.maciejewski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:35:48 CET 2007

Herbert,
in your example arrows=-> makes arrows, i.e.,
\psplotDiffEqn[ArrowInside=->]{0}{8}{4}{\Func}
does not give any arrows (at least in on my computer)
I generate many points  solving given equation. Having a curve along them I
like to put few arrows on it. In a meantime I have checked that ArrowInside
works for psline but \pscurve[ArrowInside=->](0,0)(4,2)(3,1) does not give
arrows on curve.  Does it mean that
ArrowInside shoud be used only with \psline?
-Andrzej
On 3/14/07, Herbert Voss <LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Andrzej J. Maciejewski schrieb:
> > Dominique,
> > I have tried - it does not work - and this is why I ask - if there is
> > a way
> > to make it works.
> > The purpose is obvious - when you try to make a phase portrait of a
> > vector
> > field, then it is instructive to denote a direction how in which the
> > phase
> > curves turn.
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pstricks-add}
> \begin{document}
> %
> \def\Func{ neg }
> %
> \psset{method=rk4,plotpoints=10,linecolor=blue,linewidth=0.5pt}
> \begin{pspicture}(0,-0.5)(8,4)
> \psplotDiffEqn[arrows=->,ArrowInside=->]{0}{8}{4}{\Func}
> \end{pspicture}
>
> \end{document}
>

> Herbert

Andrzej J. Maciejewski                       Institute of Astronomy
tel. +48 68 328 30 21                        University of Zielona Góra
fax. +48 68 328 73 60                       Podgórna 50, 65-246 Zielona Góra
http://astro.ia.uz.zgora.pl/~maciejka/    POLAND