[pstricks] a problem with \psplotDiffEqn

Iosif Pinelis ipinelis at mtu.edu
Thu Mar 15 04:40:06 CET 2007

Hi,

I have received a message from the editorial assistant of a journal, saying

>Would you know how I can successfully run PDFLaTeX on your file? The
>problem is the pspictures. I need PDFLaTex to generate the JIPAM files.

Apparently the problem is with pictures like this:

\usepackage{pstricks}

%% My definition
\newcommand{\mvec}[1]{\mbox{\bfseries\itshape #1}}
\renewcommand{\u}{\,%
\psset{unit=.7pt}
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(9,10)%(10,20)
%\psset{unit=1pt}
\psline[linewidth=.3pt,origin={0,1}]{-}(0,0)(2,5)(7,5)(9,10)
\end{pspicture}

I use either TeXnicCenter to produce pdf files on Windows (without
knowing how the black box works) or, on Linux, dvips -o followed by
ps2pdf. I don't use pdflatex explicitly. Could you please tell me what
the problem may be and how to solve it? Thank you.

Iosif Pinelis