[pstricks] Custom tick label and tick interval

Martijn Frijlink m_frijlink at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 17:13:31 CET 2007

I guess you only need to give to psaxes the additional option Dx=5 .
Note the difference between dx=.. and Dx=..

erratic <erraticspastic at gmail.com> wrote: Great, Martijn, the 'unit' parameter fixed the size issue. Thank you!

So are you suggesting that I hide the labels, set dx=5 and use \rput for the 0,5,10,15 labels on the x axis? I was hoping there would be an easier way.

        \psset{unit=8mm, showpoints=false}
        \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(17,9)
            \psaxes[dx=5,linewidth=2pt,labels=none,ticks=x,tickstyle=bottom](17,7)
            \psline[linestyle=dashed](0,0)(16,7)
            \psline (5,0)(16,2)
                \rput(0,-0.5){0}
                \rput(5,-0.5){5}
                \rput(10,-0.5){10}
                \rput(15,-0.5){15}
                \rput(16,-0.5){Years}
                \rput(1,7.5){Number}
        \end{pspicture}

The code above gives me the exact result I want. Is there an easier way to achieve that look?