[pstricks] pstricks-add - hyperbolic functions

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 13 23:48:59 CET 2007

Patrice Mégret schrieb:
> I have a small trouble with pstricks-add and especially the hyperbolic functions.
>

> I like to use the RPN system for my 'psplots' and 'parametricplot' but with the hyperbolic functions (ch sh, ...) I only succeed with the algebraic notation.
>

> With the example file below, it is OK with the yellow lines removed. I have also tried pst-math which defines also hyperbolic functions and there there is no trouble.
>

> Is it a limitation of pstricks-add to only allow algebraic=true for the new functions defined in section IV of pstricks-add namual version November 6, 2006?

Patrice,
PostScript doesn't know ch or sh functions. Use instead the ones from
pst-math:

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{book}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-math}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}

\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-5,-6)(5,6)
\psplot[algebraic,linecolor=blue]{0}{2}{sh(x)}
\psplot[linecolor=red]{0}{-2}{ x SINH}
\psplot{0}{2}{x neg SINH}
\psplot[algebraic]{0}{2}{SINH(-x)+1}