[pstricks] psdot and Type 3 fonts

Martijn Frijlink m_frijlink at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 10:47:21 CET 2006

Herbert Voss <LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote: Herbert Voss schrieb:
> Martijn Frijlink schrieb:
>
>> If I compile the code in psdot_call.tex and convert it to pdf (see
>> Makefile),
>> I get Type 3 fonts. Only with "dotstyle=+" I do not get any Type 3 fonts.
>> Any ideas where these occurences Type 3 fonts come from ?
>> Any suggestion how to get rid of them ?
>
> I suppose you do not really know, what Type 3 means ...
> Type 3 defines a Glyph which is _not_ a Type 1, no more no less.
> _All_ PSTricks glyphs, which are not from a Type 1 font are also
> vector based, in PostScript notation a Type 3 glyph.
>
> This has nothing to do with a pixel based font.

I meant "in this case" ...

I was about to raise the point ;-)

Actually the underlying problem is that psdot-calls, except those with "dotstyle=+", lead to non embedded fonts in the pdf-file of my thesis.
My printer, that is the company that will print my thesis in book-form,
only accepts embedded fonts.
Is it possible to make psdot-calls produce embedded fonts ?

Martijn