[pstricks] psplot, parametricplot, FPset and FPupn

Juergen Rose rose at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 19 15:55:04 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 19.07.2006, 14:09 +0200 schrieb Herbert Voss:
> Juergen Rose wrote:

> >>please provide full working examples, not only fragments!
> >

> > The more or less working exampel is now attached, spiral.tex is main
> > file, which includes doppelintegral_...par.tex
> >

> >>\def\dou{1.2 } $ PS needs the space
> >>
> >>or alternative

> >>       /k \dou\space 180 div def t cos t mul k mul t sin t mul k mul}
> >

> > I tried both, nothing worked.
>
> no, you didn't try this example with \dou\space, because it works!

I really did. So I suppose, that I have old versions for some pstricks
components. The basic pstricks installation is from tetex-3.0_p1-r3 as
included in Gentoo. Yesterday I made a new installation of pst-3dplot,
pst-eucl, pst-fun, pst-jftree,  pst-labo, pst-optic,  pst-vue3d,
pstrick,  pstricks-add and xkeyval with the CTAN packages. I still tried
to install new version of xcolor. But I got, performing 'latex
xcolor.ins' :

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
---! /root/.texmf-var/web2c/latex.fmt doesn't match pdfetex.pool
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Do you still have any suggestion?

> >>          \parametricplot{0}{\phimax}{%
> >>%            /k \dou\space 180 div def t cos t mul k mul t sin t mul k mul}
> >>            /k \dooo 180 div def t cos t mul k mul t sin t mul k mul}
> >>%            /k 1.2 180 div def t cos t mul k mul t sin t mul k mul}
>
> same here
>
>      /k \dooo\space 180 div def t cos t mul k mul t sin t mul k mul}
>
> \def\dooo{\dou\space}  is the same
>
> I have no problem to run your example.

Regards Juergen