[pstricks] Getting PSTricks to work with WinEdit

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Sat Jul 8 03:55:35 CEST 2006

Rupert McCallum wrote on 08 Jul 2006 02:14:29 MET:

> I'm using WinEdit and I'm having trouble getting PSTricks to
> work. When I use the command \usepackage{pstricks} the software
> can't find the package. I couldn't find MikTeX on my programs
> menu, so I downloaded the latest version of MikTeX, but then I
> got a message saying "Unknown file name database file" when I
> tried to install it. Can anyone help me?

Sounds more like a MikTeX problem:

<URL:http://www.miktex.org/Support.aspx>

Did you refresh the file-name-database? Just guessing but "start"
-> "programs" > "miktex" > "refresh..." might work (no windows
available to test).

Otherwise provide a minimal example:

<URL:http://www.latex-einfuehrung.de/mini-en.html>

HTH

Patrick
--
1 + 1 = 3 for large values of 1 and small values of 3. ;-)