[pstricks] problem with transparency

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 30 19:31:36 CEST 2006

xlogo at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, thanks for the great pstricks package.
>
> I've tried to define an alpha channel with the example at:
>
> http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/Colors/colors#transparency
>
> However, when I compile the latex document with latex, dvips and ps2pdf, the
> three circles don't have any transparency. the green is under the red that is
> under the blue. What's the problem please?

I have no problem with the example from the web site. Are you viewing
the PDF document? I believe alpha channels only work in PDF. If you view
the DVI or the PS file, you will see overlapping, opaque circles. If
you're viewing the PDF, make sure you're using Acrobat 5.0 or greater
(or a recent version of GSView or gv). I think you also need a fairly
recent version of ps2pdf.

Alan