[pstricks] Insertion of text on a jpg picture

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 14 20:11:18 CET 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
> On 2/13/06, Alan Ristow <ristow at ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
>>> Just wondering: can PSTricks insert some text on a jpg picture?
>> Yes, but not directly -- you have to convert the jpg to eps first.
>
> Thanks, Alan. Is there some place where from I can get an example?

The conversion can be handled by a number of graphics tools; if you
don't already have one, you can use IrfanView (on Windows) or
ImageMagick (cross-platform) for free, amongst many others.

As for an example of using pstricks to place the text, unfortunately I
don't have one readily available -- it's something I've done only once
or twice, and never recently. At any rate, as I recall it involves
importing the EPS file into a pspicture environment, then placing text
using \rput.

Perhaps somebody else can provide a small example?

Alan