[pstricks] bardiag package

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 15 19:08:07 CET 2006

McGarry Vince wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following in the console when attempting to load the
> bardiag package:
>
> Package pstcol Warning: ************************************
> (pstcol)                The package `pstcol' is obsolet!
> (pstcol)                You should use `pstricks' directly:
> (pstcol)                    \usepackage{pstricks}
> (pstcol)                ************************************.
>

> ! LaTeX Error: Option clash for package pstricks.

As the warning message says, pstcol is obsolete -- pstricks now uses
xcolor for color management. Apparently, bardiag explicitly relies upon
pstcol, which seems to break it with the latest versions of pstricks. As
far as I can tell, you do indeed have the latest version of bardiag.
Herbert might have a workaround -- I believe there are some new package
options to control color management, but I'm not too certain about
exactly how they work.

All I can suggest is that you try pst-bar -- it isn't perfect, but it
will let you draw bar charts. I'm going to add some bardiag-like
features that users have requested as soon as I get that chance, but at
the moment I don't have the time.

Alan