[pstricks] Re: Right-handed coordinates in pst-3dplot

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 11 21:34:43 CET 2006

Joel Salomon wrote:
> On 1/11/06, Herbert Voss <LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>The only problem is, that you need to negate the x values by yourself.
>

> That's the rub exactly.
>
> In terms of the matrix in tb72voss3d.pdf
> (texmf/doc/generic/pst-3dplot/doc/tb72voss3d.pdf in my MiKTeX
> installation), equations 2 & 3 (x_E = −x \cos\alpha + y \sin\alpha),
> an option "LeftHanded" could potentially negate the value.  If there's
> ever a request for left-handed coordinates, it should be simple to
> implement.

you can try it with the pst-3dplot.tex|pro from
http://perce.de/LATeX/pst-3dplot/  v.1.72

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-3dplot}
\begin{document}

\psset{leftHanded}%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\begin{pspicture}(-4,-4)(4,4)
   \pstThreeDCoor[drawing=true,xMin=0,xMax=4,spotX=-90,
      yMin=0,yMax=3,zMin=0,zMax=4]
   \pstThreeDDot[drawCoor](1,2,1)