[pstricks] pstricks and color

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 18 12:08:01 CET 2005

Poul Riis wrote:

> The attached file mh.tex was OK with the old pstricks.tex, but not with
> the new version.
> I can't say much about the error except that ghostview can only show page
> 1. As soon as I type 'page down' ghostview returns a long error message.
> Apparently only 8 of 29 pages are compiled.
> I'm sorry that there's a lot of data files belonging to mh.tex and that
> it's in danish!

nice document,
my colleague teaches the astronomy course and also maybe
interesting in reading it ... :-)

However, I changed your preamble a bit:

-- \usepackage[dvipsnames]{pstricks}% loads xcolor by default
    \usepackage{<other pstricks packages>}
-- \centering instead of \begin{center} .. \end{center} in floats
-- caption2 is superseded by caption (version 3)
-- \usepackage{subfig} and \subfloat instead of \subfigure
-- \using align instead of equation
-- \allowdisplaybreaks
-- using package geometry, much more better than setting the
    lengths

you'll find the source and pdf here:

http://perce.de/temp/mh.tex
http://perce.de/temp/mh.pdf