[pstricks] b5 paper problems

Rafael Castro Triguero me1catrr at uco.es
Thu Dec 15 16:22:02 CET 2005

Rafael Castro Triguero escribió:
> Joel Salomon escribió:
>> On 12/8/05, Rafael Castro Triguero <me1catrr at uco.es> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, but it doesn't run. I save the next script called "try.bat" in
>>> the same folder of the TextoBase.tex file:
>>>
>>> @echo off
>>> set TextoBase=%1
>>> latex %TextoBase%.tex
>>> dvips -Ppdf -o %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%.dvi
>>> ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages#/None %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%-pics.pdf
>>>
>>> I try to run it in the command prompt of WinEdt and not run. But if I
>>> put line by line, it runs. What is the matter?
>>>

>> I'm still not sure why you want to use %TextoBase% when you already
>> have %1, but I don't think that should affect anything.  What is the
>> exact text you're entering in WinEdt's command prompt? Is it
>>     try TextoBase
>> or
>>     try.bat TextoBase
>> or something else?  Can you try the "%1" version I posted and see if
>> that works?
>>
>> I really don't know how well WinEdt handles batch files, so I'm hoping
>> the problem lies in the batch file—that I can fix¹.  Have you tried
>> running the batch file from a command prompt outside WinEdt?
>>
>> Good luck,
>> --Joel
>>
>> ¹ As in the joke about a doctor asked to cure a flu who suggested the
>> patient stand by an open window, wet and cold.  "That'll cure me?" the
>> patient asks.  "No," the doctor says, "but it'll turn your flu into
>> pneumonia—and that I can cure."

> Good joke,gg.
>
> I have done try.bat TextoBase like you told me, and I have tried but
> the only file generated is the dvi.file. The command prompt shows:
> "DVI can't be opened" so I supposed that the script failed in the next
> rows
>
> dvips -Ppdf -o %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%.dvi
> ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages#/None %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%-pics.pdf
>
> but it is something strange.
>
> Lot of thanks for being so comprensive.

Finally I have found the solution to the script that made 3 in 1 step
the compilation dvi-ps-pdf, in order to get the final document in pdf
and with the pstricks pictures right. Someone of a WinEdt list gives me
the solution:

Here is the macro script I am using for the latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf
route. Save it as, eg., %b\MiKTeX\latex2dvi2ps2pdf.edt, and create a new
menu entry and button for it (the Help covers this extensively).

// Run LaTeX
Assign("LaTeX-Wait","1");
Release("LaTeX-Viewer");
Exe("%b\Exec\%$('TeX System');\LaTeX.edt");
IfFileExists("%P\%N.dvi","","JMP('End');");

// Run dvips
Assign("dvi2ps-Wait","1");
Release("dvi2ps-Viewer");
Exe("%b\Exec\%$('TeX System');\dvi2ps.edt");
IfFileExists("%P\%N.ps","","JMP('End');");

// Run ps2pdf
Exe("%b\Exec\ps2pdf.edt")

:End::
// Restore Execution Modes preferences
Exe("%b\Exec\%$('TeX System');\ExeMode.edt");
End;

Thanks to everybody for their help.

PhD. Student Rafael Castro Triguero
University of Córdoba