[pstricks] implicit plots

Oscar Ecenarro oscar.ecenarro at ehu.es
Tue Dec 13 11:02:50 CET 2005

Sorry, Herbert, but it doesn't work.
First, the /func definition has a mistake:

      1 x 2 exp yVal 2 exp add sqrt % 1/sqrt(x^2+y^2)
      1 x 10 sub 2 exp yVal 2 exp add sqrt  % 1/sqrt((x-10)^2+y^2)

must be replaced by

      1 x 2 exp yVal 2 exp add sqrt div% 1/sqrt(x^2+y^2)
      1 x 10 sub 2 exp yVal 2 exp add sqrt div % 1/sqrt((x-10)^2+y^2)

(the inverse of the square root), and the error message reported by the ps viewer (gsview 4.7 with ghostscript 8.53) is the same I have obtained in the past.
You say that maybe the Steffensen algorithm is not the best tool in this case. What is the way to draw these equipotential lines?

Another question: the \psplot used in this example contains the 'polarplot' option, and we are using Cartesian coordinates. Why? I have used both options, Cartesian and polarplot, but I just obtained the same error message.
Thanks by your interest.
Oscar Ecenarro