[pstricks] b5 paper problems

Joel Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:35:34 CET 2005

On 12/8/05, Rafael Castro Triguero <me1catrr at uco.es> wrote:
> Thanks, but it doesn't run. I save the next script called "try.bat" in
> the same folder of the TextoBase.tex file:
>
> @echo off
> set TextoBase=%1
> latex %TextoBase%.tex
> dvips -Ppdf -o %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%.dvi
> ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages#/None %TextoBase%-pics.ps %TextoBase%-pics.pdf
>
> I try to run it in the command prompt of WinEdt and not run. But if I
> put line by line, it runs. What is the matter?

I'm still not sure why you want to use %TextoBase% when you already
have %1, but I don't think that should affect anything.  What is the
exact text you're entering in WinEdt's command prompt? Is it
	try TextoBase
or
	try.bat TextoBase
or something else?  Can you try the "%1" version I posted and see if that works?

I really don't know how well WinEdt handles batch files, so I'm hoping
the problem lies in the batch file—that I can fix¹.  Have you tried
running the batch file from a command prompt outside WinEdt?

Good luck,
--Joel

¹ As in the joke about a doctor asked to cure a flu who suggested the
patient stand by an open window, wet and cold.  "That'll cure me?" the
patient asks.  "No," the doctor says, "but it'll turn your flu into
pneumonia—and that I can cure."