[pstricks] Function name

Nikos Apostolakis nea at diamond.boisestate.edu
Fri Nov 25 12:38:02 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 11:32:18AM +0100, thus spake Herbert Voss:
> Hello all,
>
> how do you call in english functions like the one shown in
> http://perce.de/temp/PSTricks.pdf ?
>
> The macro has the name \psSum, but I do not really know if there
> is a better (english) name, because it is not really a sum?

A piecewise constant function is usually called  "step function".
I am not sure if the step function(s) used in a Riemann sum have
a particular name.

Maybe istead of \psSum you could use \psRiemannSum, it is still
not a sum but it reflects the main application of such functions,

For what is worth,
Nikos